The Art of Storytelling (Draw Me a Story, Tell Me a Picture)
'What an amazing storyteller! I wasn't sure the children would even sit still but they were so engaged and Jelena made the session really warm and personal. We'd definitely love to have her here again!' Staff member at Walthamstow Central Library
The workshops are suitable for Primary School Years 5 and 6 and Secondary School Years 7, 8 and 9. They comprise 30 min live storytelling performance, followed by a workshop.
The project gives the students the opportunity to:
- experience a live storytelling performance
- find out how the artist has interpreted the stories they heard
- learn what makes a story and work on all the elements of story-making (characters, plot, setting, language/ narrative aesthetics)
- develop key skills in literacy including oral presentation and public speaking
- make their own illustrations of the stories
- see their work exhibited on-line and used as a resource
To book a workshop at your school or discuss possibilities, please go to our Contact page.